Sona Masoori Rice
· Is thin and short grain rice ( compared to Basmati)
· is good for Vegetarian recipes. Good as is – not need to add salt or oil to it.
· Usually 1 unit of Rice cooks with 2 units of Water in Rice cooker.
· Is thin long grained rice.
· Good for Non-Veg recipes
· Always cook with salt and oil- for best tasting. Usually 1 cup of rice cooks with 2 ¼ cups of water, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp oil.
· Fried rice – fast method – Add 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 2 cloves, 2 big bay leaves, with salt and oil as mentioned above.
· More flavoured spicy rice – heat 1 tbsp oil, add 2 cloves , 1 inch cinnamon, 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp cumin seeds, after cumin seeds splutter , add ¼ cup chopped onions, 3 chopped green chillies, ¼ cup mint leaves, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste. Stir well until onions brown. Add salt according to the rice cooking ( 4 cups rice – 2 tsp salt). Add this mixture to the Rice when cooking in Rice cooker.