Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken Curry ( includes tomatoes)

I make different varieties of Chicken Curries. Luckily all turn out well. I do not prefer to go through one specific recipe, if you will. It depends mostly upon the ingrediants I have at home, the time I am about to cook, if I have the basic ingrediants then I can start off with. However, if I have some more ingrediants, I try to incorporate them in the curry according to the occasion or number of people or even how many times we would consume this dish. All it matters is, the curry should turn out tasty and everyone should relish.

Here is one such recipe, which I recently made and shared with my co-workers too.

Ingrediants

Whole Chicken cut - 2 lbs
Onions - 3 count - chopped
Green chillies -4 count chopped
Tomato paste - 2 tbsps
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Indian curd - 1 cup
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp - according to taste
Red chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch broken
Cloves - 4 count
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
Star Anise - 1 count
Mint Leaves - 1/2 bunch - finely chopped
Cilantro leaves - 1/2 bunch finely chopped
Oil - 3 tbsp

Method
Mix Curd, Salt, Red chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and 1/2 of coriander powder in a large bowl.
Add Chicken to it and coat all pieces well, and marinate this for 30 - 60 minutes.

Heat Oil in a big pan, add Cinnamon, cloves, shahi jeera, star anise.
Add chopped Onions and green chillies. Saute them until onions are golden brown.
Add Garam Masala, Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add mint leaves and marinated chicken.
Stir and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Add tomato paste, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and add coriander powder and leaves at the end.
Serve hot with Fried rice or White Rice.

No comments: