Friday, May 23, 2008

Good use of leftovers...

Well... leftovers ... I don't usually have it.. actually not try to have them- as I try to cook in good proportions for one day or day& a Half... but then leftovers ... its a rare thing...

Anyways, the other day we had a get-together with friends.We did BBQ - chicken drumsticks and grilled vegis( actually on seekh).. since some of them are vegetarians.
after this - we had lots of bell peppers left over( they were cut into cubes).
At first, I did not know what to do with them- but then ... I had them in my mind all the week long when cooking- have to- those peppers are so costly- want to utilise them in full... don;t want to waste them ofcourse...
So here are some of the recipes I did for which I used these peppers ...

Raita- chop little quantities of peppers of different colors, add little salt, add home made curd. this makes a good side dish with spicy food or all by itself - mostly it is colorful raita you ever had and above it- its tasty and healthy.

Corn bread- Corn bread recipe had only color pepper to use- but I used all the three colors from the left overs.

Sambhar - Use these peppers cut out in long pieces and use them in the sambhar - it looks color ful too

Mixed Vegie curry- use these finely chopped peppers with tomatoes and onions...add paneer in the end to make a colorful curry served hot with steamed white rice.

Pav bhaji- For the bhaji curry, use these colorful peppers with boiled potatoes mashed together and sauted with tomato and onion paste and use them on the bread with sprinkled raw onions and coriander...

Well they are many... but since I am using in little quantities, even after 4 days, I still have some left over. I plan to use for other recipes and will keep this posting updated if any new recipes with leftovers.

1 comment: